Each spring, the SEPAC solicits nominations from parents for Medway Public Schools’ educators who have done outstanding work on behalf of one or more special education students that school year.
Nominees can include special educators, general education teachers, paraprofessionals, or any staff member who has gone above and beyond in their efforts to make a positive impact on students with disabilities or learning challenges.
From the nominees, the SEPAC board selects recipients based on the submitted descriptions of the nominee’s contributions, with an eye toward recognizing individuals in a variety of positions and at a variety of grade levels.
All nominees are notified of their nomination and awards are presented at the Opening Convocation Ceremony of the following school year.
Past Award Recipients include:
2017-2018 School Year
- Christin Brink (special educator, Memorial)
- Karen Fillion (paraprofessional, McGovern)
- Allison Jasmin (counselor, Medway High School)
- Jenna Keenan (teacher, Medway Middle School)
- William Lovett (special educator, Medway High School)
2016-2017 School Year
- Martha Fougere (paraprofessional, McGovern)
- Alanna Liberto (teacher, McGovern)
- Barbara Fanning (special educator, Memorial)
- Lynne Peloquin (counselor, Medway Middle School)
- Temma Downing (teacher, Medway Middle School)
- Jason Rojee (teacher, Medway High School)