Monthly meetings are held October-June on the second Tuesday of the month in the 2nd floor Library at Medway High School, 88 Summer Street, Medway, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM unless otherwise noted.
THIS IS A TENTATIVE SCHEDULE PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN AS IT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
*Schedule Updated as of 3/3/17*
October 18th (please note date change) – Strengthening the Home-School Connection with better organization at home.
- Ann Larsen of the Landmark School will present strategies to help keep your child organized at home (Executive Function Strategies)
Ann is Medway’s consultant from the Landmark School. Her popular presentations are widely regarded as presenting useful and meaningful information and strategies that can be used starting the next day.
NO MEETING – November 8, 2016 – Presidential Election Night
- Please go vote!
December 13th (1-Hour meeting 7:00-8:00 PM) Round-Table discussion: Issues in Special Education in Medway
- An opportunity for parents to meet informally to discuss the first half of the school year and inform the committee of any issues or concerns that they want the committee to bring forward to the Administration or the School Committee. If possible, please e-mail questions or topics ahead of time to: email@example.com.
- Executive Board Meeting (8:00-9:00 PM)
January – No meeting
February 7th – *Cancelled due to snow* Basic Rights in Special Education
March 14th – Presentation in Franklin
- We will not have a regular monthly meeting this night so that parents interested in the topic of resilience can attend the presentation hosted by our neighbors in the Franklin SEPAC:
Helping Children Cope: Putting Humpty Dumpty Back Together Again. A look at building resilience in children.
Presented by Ms. Jeanine Fitzgerald and hosted by Franklin SEPAC. Horace Mann Middle School Auditorium, 224 Oak Street, Franklin. 7:00 p.m.
March 28th – *rescheduled* Basic Rights in Special Education
- Basic Rights in Special Education. This workshop, presented Gayle Dublin of the Federation for Children with Special Needs will highlight important rights and responsibilities for parents with children in Special Education. Free and open to the public.
April 11th – Director of Student Services (To be confirmed)
- We will be inviting Kathleen Bernklow, Director of Students Services, as well as Ryan Sherman, Wellness Director, to meet with members. If you have specific questions or topics that you would like to see addressed, please submit them ahead of time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 9th –
- We will also conduct elections for the board for the 2016-17 school year. Please consider serving on the board.
June 13th –